Sunday, April 24, 2016

Mistakes Mistakes Mistakes... Why am I writing this?

We humans are not perfect. I have made thousands of mistakes during my life. Well then, why am I writing this?

My career as a doctor began few years before in a tertiary care hospital in Sri Lanka. To become a doctor is requires enormous dedication & hardship which cannot be written in books. In my career as a doctor as well as a medical student, I myself have made many mistakes some ultimately caused serious consequences in patient management. I do not think it is necessary to mention the names or locations, but these stories are not fake ones.
The purpose of writing these notes, is just to guide junior doctors, medical students who will follow this path in future, not to do the same. 

Learn form mistakes. Be a perfect doctor.



No comments:

Post a Comment